Saturday, December 04, 2010

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Tonight was really hard, but before I go into that, I need to talk about what has happened over the last few months. So, last year I became best friends with this boy who will remain nameless. We did everything together: studied, watched the olympics, talked about the people we liked...talked about everything. After about 6 months of being best friends, we both kind of figured out that we liked each other. And, as the story would go, we began dating. I ended up going home for the summer, but we dated long distance. I visited him about 3 weeks before school started, and we spent a lot of time catching up. He mentioned things about our future together, so when he broke up with me a week later, it was kind of a surprise. Another surprise was finding out he had a girlfriend the next week when school began. Needless to say, things have been hard. I see him all the time, and I can hardly stand being in the same room with him. But, I think what hurts the most, is that he proposed to this other girl last week. I don't like him anymore, but it is hard, because she could be me. And, I don't know why it didn't work out. I am glad it didn't. But my dream in life is to find that person that I can spend forever with and become a mom...to do those things that I should do as a daughter of God for the rising generation. So, to see that slip through my fingers makes me feel like rain on a cloudy day. It makes me scared that I will never have that future that I most desire. I found comfort in the Alexander Graham Bell quote. When a door closes, another will open. And while the future is scary I realize that I need to look to that door in front of me, quit looking at the past, and step through that door.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kelle,

    I just found your blog (I hope that's okay) and I just love you!! This is such a sad story (although I'm glad you aren't marrying a boy like this!!) and it reminds me of one that I should tell you. And its not even about me, this time. :) Lets have lunch and chat before Christmas?!

    Love Always, Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah kellie. Keep your chin up. You will have that future. Just remain positive and happy while you wait for it. love you.

    ReplyDelete